EGBA Progressive Association, Inc. – Houston Chapter is a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to the community both in the US and in Nigeria.
The Houston Chapter of the Egba Progressive Association was initiated by Elder Joseph A. Adesina. In concert with the other co-founders, it was determined that there was a need for a cultural Association that will be opened to all descendants of Egbaland of Ogun state of Nigeria.
The inaugural meeting of the Association was held in April 1995 at the residence of Elder Joseph A. Adesina and was attended by the following members: Elder Joseph A. Adesina, Dr. Kunle Adeyinka, Mr. Dapo Adeyinka, Mr. Biodun Ogungbade, Mr. Tajudeen Shoaga, and Mr. Leye Isola.
It was the intention of these founding members to promote the cultural values of our Homeland, ABEOKUTA as well as aid in alleviating the depressed economic condition that is anemic in Egbaland.
- To promote family atmosphere and unity among members of the Egba Progressive Association, Inc.
- To promote cultural and social values of Egba tradition.
- To improve and uphold the image of the Egba people and to protect our reputation in the Houston Community.
- To promote economic well being of members as well as their families.
- To love each other regardless of economic or financial status.
- To organize from time to time social and cultural events in line with the rules and regulations of the state of Texas as well as the United States of America.
- To help in the development and growth of the Egba Homeland.